As a yoga teacher, creating a LinkedIn profile might be one of the best professional investments you can make for your yoga business.
And the best part? It won’t cost you a thing, except a little bit of your time.
Sure might think that creating or maintaining yet another social profile is the last thing you have time for right now. However, putting yourself and your yoga business on full display by establishing your presence with a Yoga Teacher LinkedIn profile could help you stand out in the yoga industry.
Why Yoga Teachers Should Have a LinkedIn Profile
There are several key reasons why yoga teachers should create a LinkedIn presence.
Some of the reasons yoga teachers might want to show up on LinkedIn are to:
* Announce to the professional world that you are a yoga teacher
* Highlight your training, skills, and expertise in the yoga industry
*Showcase, share, and/or promote your your yoga activities, including classes, corporate yoga offerings, retreats, and workshops
* Network Professionally with other yoga teachers or yoga industry professionals
* Find Yoga Job Opportunities
*Discover professional development and yoga training opportunities
* Research the yoga industry, discover key players, and connect with prospective corporate clients
* Improve yoga business branding
*Establish yourself as a yoga expert in your niche
How to Create Your Yoga Teacher LinkedIn Profile
Setting up your LinkedIn profile might not be as fun as resting in Shivasana, but it will likely prove rewarding once you’ve taken time to establish yourself on this powerful, professional social network. If you don’t have time to create your LinkedIn account or need help, you can always hire a virtual assistant, find help on Fiverr, or even ask a chatbot (think ChatGPT) for assistance.
Steps to Creating Your Profile:
1. Sign up for a LinkedIn account.
2. Select an awesome, high-quality professional profile picture.
3. Add a catchy headline describing who you are and/or what you do. For example, International Yoga Teacher and Yoga Influencer.
4. Write a summary that lists your qualifications, experience, and any other notably information that you’d like people to know about you. If you have a unique or specific yoga niche, don’t forget to showcase it.
5. Provide details about your education, work history, and skills, including listing your education and any relevant yoga training.
6. Add connections. In other words, connect with other people in the yoga industry.
7. Get Endorsements or Recommendations from any connections, colleagues, or past yoga clients or yoga event participants.
8. Contribute content from time to time, such as sharing links to your blog posts, yoga events, or yoga news.
Read More: For other great tips for growing your yoga business, I highly recommend you check out my 10+ best books for yoga teachers.
Follow Me on Instagram
Follow me for more yoga inspiration, yoga business ideas + hacks, and for self-love inspo. Find me on Instagram @NakedEarthYoga .