Imagine if by this time next week, you could say you’ve launched a podcast for your yoga business?
All you’d have to do is start right now.
Do some planning. ✅
Grab some gear, some or all of which you may already own. ✅
Hit record. ✅
Do some editing and polishing. ✅
And then publish. ✅
Would Will you do it?
What if starting a podcast would open doors for you? New opportunities. New yoga students or clients. And of course, new sales. What if it would help you get closer to your money goals? Would you launch it?
Why Read This Blog Post
This guide will convince you that starting a podcast is a smart business idea. It will also help you get motivated and ready to launch.
Will you be an official yoga podcaster at this time next week? I can’t wait to find out.
Why Start a Podcast for Your Yoga Business
Forget about netflix and chill. Hello, podcasts.
What this might mean is that audio media is a big and growing big deal.
Listening to podcasts is often easier than sitting down and watching a Youtube video, movie, or clip. For example, you can listen to podcasts while on the train, while shopping, exercising, or washing dishes. Gotta love AirPods, huh?
The Benefits of a Yoga Podcast
A yoga podcast can help you gain exposure for your yoga business. It can help you get known in the profession. It can help you establish yourself as an expert. A podcast can also allow you to immerse yourself in yoga (topics, issues + related subject matter).
Hosting a podcast can also help you develop your authentic voice, which is invaluable in teaching yoga and in business.
Some other key reasons to start a podcast:
- Content creation: once you create your podcast, you can repurpose the content for use on other social media platforms or even into freelance articles for publication.
- Building your brand
- Building a loyal follower base
- Growing your email list (why does this matter: read why you need a mailing list)
- Passive income: earn money through advertising and referrals
- Greater sales conversions
- Establishing and growing a solid reputation as an expert in your field
- Reaching ideal clients, yoga students + yoga customers
- Leverage traffic and send your audience to your important links, websites, landing pages
making a business podcast
A podcast for your business can be part of your marketing and growth strategy.
How to Start a Podcast for Free (or Nearly Free)
Starting a podcast isn’t rocket science, so don’t overanalyze it.
The key, however, is to dive right in. Speaking of which, if you’re itching to launch a podcast, don’t let imposter syndrome scare you off.
Plan, but don’t over-plan to the point of perfection. Of course, there’s no such thing as perfect. But more importantly, hosting a podcast, public speaking, and developing your authentic voice is something that you can only learn to do well by doing.
And don’t let seed money hold you back. You can easily start a podcast for free or nearly free, especially if you already have basic equipment like a laptop of iPhone. While you certainly want your podcast to appear and sound professional, don’t think you have to have perfect gear before you start a podcast. You can always upgrade in time.
What you can do RIGHT NOW to get started for free
- Start listening to other podcasts to get a feel for what you like or don’t like (here are some favorite yoga podcasts).
- Pick your topic
- Choose a name for your podcast
- Decide on the format + style (will you host the podcast yourself, team up with someone else, run it solo or interview others)
- Consider time: how long do you want your typical episodes to last?
- Outline an episode (you might start with a teaser or hook, move into an introduction, and then into the show – listening to other podcasts can help you get the flavor of episode layout)
- Find your podcast beats or podcast music. You can make your own, find royalty-free music, or hire someone inexpensively on Fiverr to do the work for you)
- Line up guests
- Do some practice recording and editing (you can start with free recording tools and editing software)
- Research any equipment you’d like to purchase, such as an awesome Blue Yeti Nano
- Figure out where you will host your podcast
- Get started making your first podcast epidsode
If you launch your own yoga podcast, I want to know about it and I’d love to tell my followers about it. DM me on Instagram.